You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hebrew Roots Movements, etc.
04-15-2011, 08:27 AM
 (Print Post)
Hebrew Roots Movements, etc.
I just wanted to make mention of something I have been dealing with more than usual lately, and that is this whole Hebrew Roots, Sabbath keeping movement. We have ALOT of that here in Middle Tennessee. I received an email today inviting me to a "conference" at a local cult group called, Rose Creek Village. They are a Hebre Roots movement. When you go there, they have a, cloudy at best, salvation, and then you have your name changed by the Village Prophey, Jonah, to a Hebrew name. So you went in Sam, you become, Elijah, (wierd.)

Rose Creek is known, not for their evangelism, but for their Irish roots music and dancing!?!?!??! Yes, I can see that Christ shed his precious blood for THAT.

Just a few miles from there and just South of us is another nut case group, The Twelve Tribes. Same as Rose Creek, you convert, move in, sell your house, GIVE THE MONEY TO THEM, change you name to Mordecai, and the men, grow a little pony tail, (2 inches, I kid you not.) Twelve Tribes have a following in several states and in other countries, too. The founder, live in Europe because he is wanted for tax evasion over here.

You may breathe a sigh of relief, and say, "Whew, at least we're safe in the confines of fundamentalism." Wrong. On my forum, which will remain nameless, (I'm not a proselytizer,) I have a IFB sister, wife of a missionary to a Central American country, just lately go off the deep end over, Sabbath keeping. We lovingly instructed her otherwise, but she would not receive instruction. She "implies" her husband is for all of this also. This is sad because this could be detrimental to their children and the poor converts of this land. I have a dear brother on board who is a PBI grad, and is well equipped to properly divide the scritpures. He wrote several long posts explaining how the Sabbath was for Israel, and not for the church; she, (the church,) like the believer, is a new creation. The sister would not buy it.

So, I go to town with my wife and a couple of the girls, and we meet this sweet young couple. They were modest, humble and kind. They turned out to be Seventh Day Adventists. Now, if you must church on Saturday, I'll not begrudge you, there is no mandate to meet on Sunday, just some examples that the early church did, (which is good enough for me, and any honest Bible student.) however, the SDA church follow after, female prophetess and nut case, Ellen G. White. She helped them come up with the teaching that the Mark of the Beast is Sunday worship, crafted at the hands of the Catholic Church. They are posttribulationist, and, if they are not saved, which I have questions about their method, will see the Beast come, with his mark, and take it gladly because, they worship on Saturday.

If these groups would just let the Old die and the New live, they'd see through all this stuff and be made free in Christ.

Ben

"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them. . . " Isaiah 40:11
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2011, 09:41 AM
 (Print Post)
RE: Hebrew Roots Movements, etc.
It is not near that common or cultic in this area. I have encountered it to a small extent, but I had never heard of such a thing until several years ago. My grandmother is SDA, so I've known about them for years, but the Hebrew Roots Movement is all together a strange dog.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-15-2011, 09:42 AM
 (Print Post)
These people are deadly, and it grieves me to hear that they're popping up in Tennessee. But it's to be expected, in your area (I believe you're close to Murfreesboro); or in my hometown of Chattanooga; or in Pensacola. All of these areas have large and/or important IFB works, or Bible believing works: Sword of the Lord, Tennessee Temple, and (God forgive me for mentioning it in the same sentence) PBI. I don't like SOTL or Tennessee Temple, but I've never denied that the Lord has used them both in a huge way. So of course the Enemy will have his little spies and ambassadors on the scene, just as he has some real fruitcakes in Pensacola.

The two biggest representatives of the cult are the "Assembly of Yahweh" in Eaton Rapids, Michigan, and especially the "House of Yahweh" in Abilene, Texas. The latter group is run by the unbelievable, outrageous egomaniac Yisrayl Hawkins (formerly known as "Buffalo Bill" Hawkins) and his brother, who modestly claim to be the Two Witnesses of Revelation, and who have published their own hideous mistranslation of the Bible, The Book of Yahweh. These groups, like others, teach that God's Name is "Yahweh" and that Jesus is really "Yahshua" or "Yeshua" or "Yahashua," a bastardization of the holiest Name in Heaven and earth that is covered in Section 3 of our Statement of Faith.

But it goes way beyond a couple of tiny cults, and involves "Messianic Judaism," mainstream "Christian publishers," and all manner of damnable heresies and doctrines of demons. I appreciate Brother Ben bringing it to our attention, although I wish it would just go away.

Now Playing at the Blog:
"Beware the Easter Bunny"

ISRAEL
04-15-2011, 11:10 AM
 (Print Post)
2 Timothy 3:13

"But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived."

I wish the Lord would come back today...

Knit
Please pray for Wesley, Ron, for Matthew, Eleanor & John and Rod for salvation! Pray Pray for Delores, Drew, Lynne, William, Heather, Marty, Noel, Laura, Ben and Shelly
Please check out our prayer chain here
ISRAEL
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem
“We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us.” - Golda Meir
04-15-2011, 11:31 AM
 (Print Post)
We had about three or four families bust out of our church this year, way up here in Idaho, because of this heresy.

They were shown the truth, but pride kept them from coming back.

04-15-2011, 03:42 PM
 (Print Post)
Pride keeps many from admitting they were wrong, or going back...or getting saved in the first place!

I believe the first sin was pride, exhibited by Lucifer...and we've not learned from what happened to him, or even Adam and Eve.

Knit
Please pray for Wesley, Ron, for Matthew, Eleanor & John and Rod for salvation! Pray Pray for Delores, Drew, Lynne, William, Heather, Marty, Noel, Laura, Ben and Shelly
Please check out our prayer chain here
ISRAEL
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem
“We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us.” - Golda Meir
04-15-2011, 04:09 PM
 (Print Post)
This movement is so stupid because in the New Testament they have to change all of the Greek usages of names and make them Hebrew. So unlike the critics who use the Greek to correct the English, these clowns use the Hebrew to correct the Greek which in turn corrects the English. Cuckoo-cuckoo!!! Weird

There are so many "Johnny come lately" movements in America that it's sick.
04-15-2011, 05:02 PM
 (Print Post)
(04-15-2011 04:09 PM)cassjade Wrote:  This movement is so stupid because in the New Testament they have to change all of the Greek usages of names and make them Hebrew. So unlike the critics who use the Greek to correct the English, these clowns use the Hebrew to correct the Greek which in turn corrects the English. Cuckoo-cuckoo!!! Weird

There are so many "Johnny come lately" movements in America that it's sick.

Yes, you're exactly right, of course. I have seen The Book of Yahweh, held it in my hands, and perused the pages of what Hawkins calls "the greatest Bible translation on planet Earth." (I knew a sucker who had bought it.) As Cassjade says, he changes all the Greek names: my favorite are the 1st and 2nd Epistles to TimothiYah. No kidding. TimothiYah.

I can't recommend it unreservedly, because I've just glanced at it, but there seems to be a good site on this nonsense by someone who was burned by it. He at least reviews the so-called "Bibles" these clowns produce: Sacred Name Bible Reviews

If the guy turns out to be a Catholic or something, don't blame me. The site just has some good material.

Now Playing at the Blog:
"Beware the Easter Bunny"

ISRAEL
10-05-2011, 08:13 PM
 (Print Post)
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the grandaddy of them all, The Assemblies of Yahweh. This group began in the early 60's and has the widest outreach via print, radio, and television. Their founder, Jacob Meyer, passed away last year so they've slowed down a bit. Bye the way, the Michigan sacred name group mentioned above has Jacob Meyer's son as one of it's leaders. They apparently had some kind of falling out back a few years ago. Jacob Meyer also published a sacred name Bible. He used the 1901 ASV as its foundation.

I personally have no problem with those that want to use Old Testament Hebrew names (Yahweh, Moshe, Yockov, etc), but I've never figured out how they think to change New Testament words (written in Greek) to Hebrew transliterations.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot David Stern who published The Jewish New Testament and Commentary. I will say that reading his commentary can give one some insight to the Jewishness of our Lord. Some hard to understand scriptures are made clearer knowing the social/historical surroundings from which they were written. Perry Stone (also in TN) often teaches Hebraic Roots, but not to the extent that the above mentioned groups do.

Hebraic Roots can be like anything else in that if one gets wrapped up in it, soon they are lost and lose sight of the truth. Its just one of many snares out there that can trip up those who do not rightly divide the Word.
11-18-2011, 09:16 AM
 (Print Post)
Here in the Netherland you'll find also more and more Christians who believe they have to "go back to the Jewish roots". Keeping the Jewish feasts, having Sabbath etc etc. And when I say we have to bring the Jews to "jalousy" they look/answer me in shock and awe. The Jews have the one true God and we are grafted on their stem.... so we have to go to their roots.
All this comes from people not reading their Bibles, don't study, memorise, etc etc.
They cannot descern anymore, due to lack of knowledge. It's epidemic nowadays. And the worst part; they don't care.....
And then they are surprised churches running on empty.....
It's sad.